Online Check-In by the Numbers
- 2: Number of years since Online Check-In was introduced to Great Clips customers.
- 3,300: Number of Great Clips salons in the U.S. and Canada where Online Check-In™ is available.
- 800,000: Number of customers who use Online Check-In each month.
- 1,500,000: Number of times Online Check-In app has been downloaded to a mobile device.
- 10,000,000: Jed Bauman. Who is Jed Bauman, you ask? He’s the 21-year-old machine operator from Deer Creek, Ill., who earned the distinction of becoming the 10 millionth customer to check-in using the Great Clips’ Online Check-In app, the salon industry’s first of its kind.
This significant milestone event for Great Clips took place on May 11, 2013 at exactly 5:30:06 p.m. at Franchisee Dave Hands’ Rockwood Center salon in Bloomington, Ill.
“We’re thrilled to have a digital milestone set in our salon,” says Dave. “Our customers love Online Check-In, and once they use it, they keep coming back because it’s so convenient and cuts wait times.”
While Jed has been a long-time customer of Great Clips, the milestone check-in was his first time using the app.“That day I had just downloaded the Great Clips’ Online Check-In app,” Jed said. “I checked in from my cell phone, went to Great Clips and got my hair cut right away with no wait. You can’t beat that.”
Jed says he’s been a Great Clips customer since he first learned to drive and would drive his dad to Great Clips for a quick haircut. Soon, getting their hair cut at Great Clips became a great father-son tradition that Jed says he’ll continue.
“The haircut is great. The price is great. Now the convenience is great,” he added.
As a token of thanks, Great Clips gave Jed a gift basket filled with It’s Gonna Be Great branded items, including a travel coffee mug, an iPad travel case, a Kasey Kahne hat, Solutions haircare products and, of course, a free haircut certificate.
“This is exciting news. I’m surprised and honored,” Jed said when he learned he was the 10 millionth customer to use the app to check in. “I won’t go anywhere else to get my hair cut.”